|Dates||30th November to 2nd of December 2023|
|Application Deadline||Tuesday 7th of November|
|Costs||Partial reimbursement of costs for travel, accommodation and food according to the rules of the European Parliament visitors program.|
|Participants||20 in total|
The Network is at a crossroad. After its founding in 2019 efforts have been made to ensure a solid foundation for the network with a legal identity, financial arrangements and recognition from the Council of Europe as a member of the Advisory Council, now for a second term and the Network has held yearly study sessions at the European Youth Centre. In 2024 a new board will be elected that will take the Network the next step into the future and we need to give them all a good start. The meeting therefore have the following aims and objectives.
Strengthen the No Hate Speech Network and develop future actions and projects.
- Develop actions and funding applications based on the network strategy
- Prepare for the General Assembly in 2024
- Explore how to develop the community of activists and members
- Include and engage members and activists in the operation of the network
- Strengthen the community of the No Hate Speech Network
- Is either
- A member of the No Hate Speech Network,
- Have attended one of the Network activities
- Was a part of the No Hate Speech Movement
- Wish to become a member and involved and active in the Network
- Have some experience with working against hate speech and/or for human rights
- Is coming from an an EU Member State, a candidate country or a former EU Member State (if you need reimbursement / your costs covered)
Travel and accommodation is funded by the visitors program of the European Parliament. In order to get reimbursement participants must:
- Attend the full visit to the European Parliament including a meeting with Samira RAFAELA and bring a valid ID to the visit.
- Submit valid receipts for travel and food costs and a reimbursement form within a week after the visit, the latest.
- Be resident in an EU Member State, a candidate country or a former EU Member State.
What will happen at the meeting?
We will spend some time catching up and getting to know each other. Then we will divide into working groups where most of the meeting time will be spent and then on Saturday we will share the results of the working groups. In the evening we will have a social program. We will have a meeting with Samira RAFAELA, a Dutch Member of the European Parliament as an obligatory part of the program on Friday.
Thursday 30th of November
Arrivals during the day
15.00 Meet up and getting to know each other.
16.00 Meeting rationale and agenda. Presentation of the current strategic plan and status of the network.
16.30 Sharing experiences and best practices.
20.00 Social time
Friday 1st of December
09.30 Departures from the hotel
10.30 Visit to the European Parliament (obligatory for reimbursement)
14.30 Brainstorming and division into working groups
18.00 Summary of the day
20.00 Social time
Saturday 2nd of December
10.00 Working groups finalising
13.30 Presentations and next steps
What do we cover?
The trip is funded by the European Parliament, which calculates a travel reimbursement of €0.09 x 2 per km of the most direct road journey between the respective private addresses of the participants on the basis of the average travel distance for all participants. Only economy class is reimbursed.
They also cover expenses for simple accommodation and a small daily subsistence allowance to cover food costs and local transport, with a maximum of 110 EUR per person.
Depending on the final costs for accommodation (we are searching for affordable options) we likely can reimburse between 30-50 EUR for food and local transport in Brussels for the duration of the program.
Read more about the type of costs that can be covered.
What do we not cover?
Travel, food and other costs above the mentioned limit will be at your own expense.
Participants that are not resident in an EU Member State, a candidate country or a former EU Member State.
If you have any questions, please do contact us.